School Budget Vote – June 9, 2020
Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 202.26, which provides the following updated information for the Budget Vote and Board of Education Election previously scheduled for May 19, 2020.
- The Budget Vote and Election is Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
- All voting this year will be by Absentee Ballot – there is no in-person voting.
- Ballots will automatically be mailed to qualified registered voters.
- Annual Budget Hearing: May 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM via live stream.
- If you are not a registered voter, you may do so by filing an online application with the Department of Motor Vehicles:
- Military Voters should contact the District Clerk for information.
- There will be no in-person registration in the District offices.
- Nominating Petitions for the Board of Education and HWPS Library Trustee positions must be submitted to the District Clerk by May 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of candidates and the District Clerk, nominating petitions may be filed by email or mail delivery.
- No signatures are required on the nominating petition.
- Petitions shall state the name and address of the candidate, and the length of the
term of office. The person declaring his/her candidacy must sign the petition.
- District Clerk contact information:
Please click on the links to the left to review infomation and presentations related to the 2020-2021 school budget. Information will be added as the budget development process continues.