Woodmere Education Center1 Johnson Place - Room 209
Woodmere, New York 11598
Phone: (516) 792-4814
Fax: (516) 374-8139SUMMER HOURSJuly 3 - August 18Monday - ThursdayClosed on FridaySUMMER HOURSAll requests should be addressed to the Transportation Office, Hewlett-Woodmere Public Schools, 1 Johnson Place, Woodmere, NY 11598. For additional information or to obtain forms, please call the Transportation Office at(516) 792-4814PLAY IT SAFE!
PUPILS SHOULD KNOW AND PRACTICE THE FOLLOWING SAFE RIDING HABITS.
Hewlett-Woodmere Public Schools does not provide transportation for students (public & non-public) on the following days:
- All riders must be at the bus stop at least 5 minutes prior to scheduled pick-up time.
- Stay out of the roadway while waiting for the bus to arrive.
- Parents are responsible for child's behavior at the bus stop.
- Board the bus quickly and unless otherwise instructed, take the first available seat in the rear of the bus. Standing is not permitted.
- Once the bus door closes and the bus leaves the pickup area, students will not be allowed to board the bus.
- Pay attention to the bus driver and follow directions.
- When crossing railroad tracks, remain silent as the bus comes to a stop so the driver can listen for trains.
- Do not speak with, or otherwise distract, the driver while the bus is in motion.
- No eating or drinking on the bus at any time.
- The aisle should be clear at all times. Large items are not permitted on the bus. Place backpacks on your lap, or under the seat.
- Littering and vandalism will not be tolerated.
- Remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop and exit with caution.
- When crossing streets, walk - do not run. Watch for cars and the bus. Always cross 10 feet in front of the bus so the driver can see you. Wait for the driver's signal to cross. Be more cautious in rain or snow.
- Students may only take their assigned bus and are prohibited from riding on any other bus.
- The school principal will be notified of misconduct and handle the matter accordingly.
Note: No transportation will be provided for the above listed holidays on the Federally observed day.
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Friday After Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Saturday or Sunday