School Budget Vote – June 16, 2020
Updated Information (as of June 7, 2020)
Governor Cuomo issued a press release on June 7, 2020 indicating that he is extending the deadline for school districts to receive absentee ballots for the annual budget vote and election.
- To be counted, absentee ballots must be hand delivered by June 9, 2020 or received by mail on June 16, 2020.
- Ballots may be personally delivered to the Woodmere Education Center, One Johnson Place, on Monday, June 8 from 8 AM – 4 PM, and on Tuesday, June 9, from 8 AM – 5 PM.
- The canvass of the ballots is now postponed to 5:00 PM on Tuesday, June 16, 2020 and will be livestreamed on the District website.
NO ABSENTEE BALLOTS SHALL BE ACCEPTED IN PERSON AFTER 5:00 PM ON JUNE 9, 2020. DO NOT LEAVE ANY BALLOTS UNDER THE DOOR. TO BE COUNTED, ABSENTEE BALLOTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAIL ON JUNE 16, 2020.
Governor Cuomo issued Executive Order 202.26, which provides the following updated information for the Budget Vote and Board of Education Election previously scheduled for May 19, 2020.
- The Budget Vote and Election is Tuesday, June 9, 2020.
- All voting this year will be by Absentee Ballot – there is no in-person voting.
- Ballots will automatically be mailed to qualified registered voters.
- Annual Budget Hearing: May 27, 2020 at 7:00 PM via live stream.
- If you are not a registered voter, you may do so by filing an online application with the Department of Motor Vehicles:
- Military Voters should contact the District Clerk for information.
- There will be no in-person registration in the District offices.
- Nominating Petitions for the Board of Education and HWPS Library Trustee positions must be submitted to the District Clerk by May 11, 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- To ensure the safety and welfare of candidates and the District Clerk, nominating petitions may be filed by email or mail delivery.
- No signatures are required on the nominating petition.
- Petitions shall state the name and address of the candidate, and the length of the
term of office. The person declaring his/her candidacy must sign the petition.
- District Clerk contact information:
Please click on the links to the left to review infomation and presentations related to the 2020-2021 school budget. Information will be added as the budget development process continues.