Hewlett-Woodmere Public Schools
Frequently Asked Questions
1. I am new to the District. How can I register my children for school?
Welcome! Please visit the District’s Registration Office at the Woodmere Education Center, One Johnson Place, Woodmere. Additional information and documents can be found HERE.
2. How can I contact an administrator, teacher, or District staff member?
Please click HERE for a listing of District Contact Information.
3. I have a concern and I am not sure whom I should contact. What can I do?
Please click HERE to access the District’s WHOM DO I CALL? document, which should assist you in determining the best communication channels.
4. How can I contact the Board of Education?
Please click HERE for the Board of Education contact information.
5. Where is the District calendar?
Please click HERE for the 2022-2023 District Calendar
6. Where can I find information about the District’s budget?
The budget process for the following year begins in the fall. Check back for more information about the 2023-24 budget.
7. How can I stay up-to-date on District news and events?
The best way to stay up-to-date is to visit the District Website, Facebook, and Instagram pages which are frequently updated with the latest news, photos, and information.
Click HERE to access the District Facebook page.
Click HERE to access the District Instagram page.
8. Are there recreational programs available for my children?
Yes! The District Community Services department offers a wide variety of programs for children of all ages. Click HERE for more information.
The PTA also runs many after-school activities and classes for children. Please click HERE to access the programs currently offered.
9. I have a question about transportation. What should I do?
Please contact the Transportation Department at (516) 792-4814.
10. Where can I address the Board of Education in person with a question or concern?
All community members are welcome to attend all Board of Education Work Meetings and Regular Meetings. Please click HERE for a list of dates and locations of Board of Education meetings.
11. Where can I access information about food services?
Click HERE for information on Cafeteria Services.
12. Where can I access my child’s report card?
The Parent Portal can be reached by clicking HERE.
13. Where can I find information about the District’s athletic programs?
Go Bulldogs! Schedules and information about District Athletics can be found HERE!