- Students will learn basic technology skills including document creation and formatting, spreadsheet, presentation and Internet research tools.
- Students will learn how to manage their workstations and explore computing devices effectively.
- Students will prepare for and participate in college and career planning activities, which will include resume preparation, interviewing techniques and developing a college/career plan. The Naviance program will be used as part of the process.
- Students will be educated on Internet safety, email etiquette, and the impact of social media on their lives and future.
- Students will be introduced to the concept of creative computing which is the fundamental tool for the creation of software applications.
Each student’s quarterly grade will be based on the following:
a. Tests and quizzes: 40%
b. Classwork: 60%
The students are required to take a comprehensive final exam, which will equal 20% of the final average.