Woodmere Middle School
Physical Education Rules and Regulations
1. Every student WILL have a school lock and locker in the gym locker room for their own use. There is NO SHARING OF LOCKS AND LOCKERS. All lockers must be kept locked at all times. Always lock your locker when leaving the locker room. All valuables should be locked up. Clothes should be placed in your locker and locked up too.
2. Locker Room – There is to be absolutely no fooling around in the locker room. Students are not permitted to climb on anything. Once you have changed and locked up your valuables you should immediately exit. You are not permitted to “hang out.”
- No Jewelry may be worn during Physical Education for safety reasons.
- Uniforms consist of:
A. Athletic style shorts without pockets, belt loops, and zippers.
C. Sneakers with laces or Velcro and properly fastened. No platform sneakers, “Athletic – style sneakers”.
E. Sweatshirt or sweater – to wear on cold days
5. Class Procedure:
A. 5 minutes allowed for dressing at the beginning of the class.
B. When the teacher starts class, you are to go to your floor spot immediately.
C. Whenever you hear a whistle, it means to stop whatever you are doing and give your attention to your teacher.
6. You are not permitted to CHEW GUM, EAT OR DRINK FROM A WATER BOTTLE in the gymnasium or locker room.
A. Students will be given a daily grade based on 10 points made up by cooperation, effort, respect for classroom safety rules and respect for others.
B. If you are unprepared for class, 4 points per class session will not be earned.
7. Excuses – In order to be excused from activity, a student should have a note from a doctor, nurse, or parent. An excuse for more than one week requires a doctor’s note.