Physical Education Learning Standards
Resource Management Standard 3
Students understand and be able to manage their personal and community resources
Key Idea: Students will:
a. will be aware of and able to access opportunities available to them within their community to engage in physical activity.
b. be informed consumers and be able to evaluate facilities and programs.
c. be aware of some career options in the field of physical fitness and sports.
- know that resources available at home and in the community offer opportunities to participate in and enjoy a variety of physical activities in their leisure time
- become discriminating consumers of fitness information, health-related fitness activities in their communities, and fitness and sports equipment
- demonstrate the ability to apply the decision making process to physical activity
- should be informed consumers, aware of the alternatives available to them within their communities for physical activity and should be able to evaluate facilities and programs available
- demonstrate the ability to locate physical activity information, products, and services
- know some career options in the field of physical fitness and sports
- recognize their role as concerned and discriminating consumers of physical activities programs and understand the importance of physical activity as a resource for everyone regardless of age or ability
- recognize the benefits of engaging in appropriate physical activities with others, including both older and younger members of the community
- identify a variety of career opportunities associated with sports and fitness and understand the qualifications, educational requirements, and job responsibilities of those careers