Responsibilities of the Board
The Board is the official policy-making body of the school district. It is composed of seven members, elected by the public, who serve three-year terms of office without pay.
The Board of Education is responsible for the scope, depth and quality of education in the district. As elected officials, members:
You may write to the Board in care of the District Office, One Johnson Place, Woodmere, NY 11598 or e-Mail email@example.com or fax - 374-8101.
- define the philosophy of the district;
- set goals and objectives to achieve desired educational progress;
- select a superintendent;
- employ professional educators to meet the goals;
- establish policies for the operation of the school district;
- evaluate the effectiveness of district programs and services;
- develop a budget consistent with educational needs and community resources;
- communicate the needs and progress of the district to the community, educational governing boards, and legislators.