Residents are qualified to vote if they are:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 years of age or older
- A resident of the District for at least 30 days prior to the Election
Residents are registered and eligible to vote on May 15, 2018 if they:
- Have previously registered and voted in a School District/Public Library Election within the last four calendar years, or
- Have registered to vote with the Nassau County Board of Elections and have voted in any local, state or national election within the last four calendar years, or
- Have registered with the District’s Board of Registration prior to the vote.
- You may register to vote for the May 15, 2018 election during school business hours in the Office of the District Clerk through Wednesday, May 9.
- There will be a special voter registration from 7 AM – 10 PM on Monday, May 7.
- CLICK HERE to see if you are registered to vote in the school district/ library annual election and budget vote.
- Qualified registered voters can obtain applications for absentee ballots during school business hours in the Office of the District Clerk, One Johnson Place, Woodmere, at least 7 days before the vote if the ballot is to be mailed to the voter, or the day before the election if the ballot is to be delivered personally.
- Absentee ballot applications are also available CLICK HERE.
- The absentee ballot may only be given to the voter, not a spouse or other individual.
- Completed absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5 PM, Tuesday, May 15, 2018.
Board of Education/Library Candidacy:
- Petitions for candidates to the Board of Education/Library Trustee are available at the Office of the District Clerk, (516) 792-4883.
- The deadline to return petitions to the District Clerk is Monday, April 16, 2018, at 5:00 PM.
- A minimum of twenty-eight (28) signatures is required on the petition.
Questions may be directed to Barbara Randazzo, District Clerk: (516) 792-4883, firstname.lastname@example.org