Woodmere Education Center
1 Johnson Place - Room 209
Woodmere, New York 11598
Phone: (516) 792-4826
Fax: (516) 374-8139
The Registration Office staff is pleased to welcome all new incoming students!
Hewlett-Woodmere Public Schools provides programs for students from Pre-K through Grade 12. The school district’s mission is to educate all students who are residents of the district.
Registration takes place throughout the year in the district’s Registration Office located in the Woodmere Education Center, Room 204. When a family becomes a bona fide resident* of the school district, the following procedure should be followed in registering child(ren) for school:
- The family should present one of the following for each child to be registered: the original birth certificate, the original baptismal certificate or a current passport.
- The family should also present the immunization record for each child, listing inoculations from birth. The following list of immunizations are required by New York State Law:
- 3 DPT
- 3 Polio
- 1 MMR if born before 1985
- 2 MMR if born after 1985
- 3 Doses of Hepatitis B vaccine for students entering Pre-K and all higher grades.
- The family must present three (3) documents as proof of residence. One document must be a tax bill, lease or deed; and the remaining two (2) documents may be chosen from the following list:
- recent LIPA bill
- recent water bill
- voter registration card
- oil delivery bill
- bank statement
- mortgage statement or coupon book
- A notarized affidavit attesting to residency must accompany registration form. The affidavit can be picked up in the registrar’s office or can be mailed or faxed upon request.
- The parent or guardian who registers the child(ren) must present a photo ID.
- In the event the family is not able to present the documents as listed above, an appointment may be requested with the registrar to determine what other documents will be acceptable in order for a parent to register the student in school.
*Bona fide resident means a family whose daily residence is at the premises as shown on the registration form. Please feel free to contact the Registration Office with any questions you may have, or to request that forms be mailed to you.